4.08.2008

Full Disclosure

I apologize in advance. I have hid this for far too long, I can no longer go on with this charade...

I received a Surftech as a gift about 2 months ago. I know. Crucify me.

Anyways, it is a 6'9" Joel Tudor Diamond Tail Egg...And you know what...I really like the thing. So far I have ridden it in everything from 2 foot slop to overhead racetracks.

The thing floats and paddles as good as my 9'0" Daddy O from EC. It glides and turns super well too. It is much more responsive than its chunky outline and rails make it appear to be.

A big hangup for me is that I always wonder if the PU version works better. I am assuming it does. Hopefully I will be able to try one out one day.

Anyways, I have 12 boards in my quiver right now, and this is the only one that is a popout. But hey, Joel has a kid now and college is damn expensive(damn you student loans!!!) So I can understand going for the Surftech deal.

Anyways, her she is.



































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've known Joel since his younger days and I still don't fully agree with this decision of his. His image and abilities are more than enough to back up with quality homegrown craftsmanship. Who knows why he did it, but since it was a gift to you, you could sell it and get yourself that PU at a painless price.