6.01.2009

Rat

Our buddy Ben Fischer has a spot on the Berrics. link. If you don't know, well I guess you know now.



Back when I used to work at Katin, Ben was just a grom, probably still in middle school. His mom would drop him off at the beach in the morning. He would surf for a bit and then walk over to the shop. He would kick it from the time we opened until the time we closed. The most psyched grom ever.

I'm not sure who started calling him "Rat" or why, for that matter. Shop rat, he just chilled on the reg. It was tight. He wouldn't just sit around either. Helping customers, folding shit...straight doin' work son. He would work all day, but we couldn't put him on the payroll, he was like 12. So we would hook him up with clothes and all sorts of shit.

Anyways, I lost touch with him for a bit, then in the past year or two, I have seen him around more ofter. All grown up and slashing the shit out of his skate. Anwyways, good on ya Ben.

2 comments:

Worm said...

Look at little benny all growzed up.

that little bugger used to be shorter than me.

and you couldn't meet a more stoked person.

captmouth said...

good dude, backed hard.