7.14.2008

Homebrew Part II

So my Pale Ale is still in Primary fermentation. I took some hydrometer readings that past few days and I should be ready to rack it to secondary fermentation tomorrow.

In the meantime, I had the boys over to drink some beers so I could reuse them for my homebrew.

I soaked the bottles in warm water and ammonia to get the labels off easily. Bad call. Warm water and Simple Green next time.

I tasted the beer after I sampled it. I guess it is referred to as 'Green Beer' at this stage because it is not carbonated. It looked like a Hefeweizen, but tasted/smelled like the Pale Ale that it is. The cloudiness will go away with conditioning in secondary fermentation and bottle conditioning.

All is well thus far into the brewing. More updates to come.



















This is a photo of my hydrometer reading. More photos to come. Blogger is being lame.

1 comment:

ion dissonance said...

and by having the boys over for some beers, he really means crush around..ballpark, 120 pop tops. I threw up my dinner the following night and had the shakes. i love summer.