7.11.2008

"I Desire the end...I Desire the new Beggining...


Not a single day goes by that I don't think about Davis Miller. My friend Beau of Final Fight who was also a very good friend of Davis's took the words right out of my mouth with a bulletin he posted today. He shared a story about his daily smoke break down by the ocean and how he noticed about 15 dolphins swimming in the surf...riding waves. He thought that maybe davis had something to do with that beauty, and I often find myself noticing subtle things of beauty here and there, and feel the same way. Here are some lyrics Beau created in honor of Daivs for a new jam his band is recording right now. If you knew davis, or have read any LOFTUS, or Two Shamen lyrics that Davis wrote you'll see the connection.

daylight fading
setting sun in slow motion
dark waves breaking
this time in total silence
"the open ocean holds no mercy
ire vibes & circus scenes"
can you hear me? can you see me?
even down here on my knees
im getting cold
its getting dark
so glow for me
and trust the shark
storms approaching
take the ride
break on through to the other side
youve reached the stars
now shine on forever
your boat set sail to sea
now that youre gone
the music is over
we drown ourselves in whiskey dreams
drowning in memories


RIP...Break on Through and here's to your new beggining.

No comments: