7.21.2008

"Nobody Surfs forever" - The Bear


Found this little teaser from Jody Lemmon's surf movie entitled "Thrive" The Surf Movie.

Here's the link - http://www.amphibiousproductions.com/thrive_surf.html

Your gonna have to copy and paste that one because my safari is outdated and blogger is bein a tramp right now, but I swear it's worth it.

The dudes in this video were hands down the best surfers from north Orange County on longboards and I would argue the best in California for the time frame (mid 90's early, 2000's). Growing up these guys were about 5 or 6 years older than myself, Danimal, and our other log friends, so we kinda looked up to their surfin skills even though some of them were dicks to us. Greg Ervin, Cody Faircloth, and Matt Stuek were always my favorites to watch, sometimes I'd just sit on a fire pit at Bolsa and observe.

Anywho, I'm not entirley sure what these cats are up too, with the exception of Cyrus Sutton, who i think was the youngest bruce jones rider, and is obviously currently surfing insane and doing original higly skilled film stuff. Every once in awhile when i'm at Sano I see Faircloth riding some super old hansen 50/50 surfing better than anyone out in the line up and I'm pretty sure he's doing it piss drunk. I saw Matt Stuek at bolsa once last winter (still rips). Dave Roberts I heard lives in Hawaii, and Greg Ervin works at Bev Mo, but again that's only hearsay. To see these guys all out together at seal, taking over the pier like they used to do, would be an occasion I would drop whatever I was doin just to watch.

3 comments:

murdercity said...

good stuff my friends!

Danimal said...

Seriously.

The Bolsa Chicos!

Anonymous said...

Trust Me, They are always piss drunk, lol, all three of them.