8.23.2007

bottled up

Here is an excellent article from one of my favorite magazines, Fast Company. I try to avoid jumping on the bandwagon, but I beleive the environment to be a worthy cause.

Message in a Bottle

To sum up the article, a few things are happening...

We buy bottled tap water or something close to it (tap, filtered, artesian, well, purified, distilled, etc.).

$15 billion or 38 billion plastic bottles each year (a figure that is still creeping skyward).

About a 1/4 of these bottles actually make it into a recycling bin.

Tap water is fine for you, for the most part. Bottled water companies have done a mighty fine job of making us think otherwise.

Anyways, read the article and buy one of these... www.mysigg.com

I bought one about a month ago. Now, I refill it with purified water out of the sink. Reducing my bottled water use by 1 or 2 bottles per day.


Just a thought.

No comments: