5.08.2008

Destroyed by Skate

I went with Tightner from Radballs to skate the Combi bowl at Vans today. Very mental. Shameful as well.

First off, I was not aware that Wednesday's are fucking pro nights. So, Omar Hassan, Josh Borden, Bennett Harada, Christian Hosoi, and a gang load of other shredders were in attendance. Shameful, I know.

Anyways, I padded up and took a warm up sesh on the 6' mini ramp, just to get the blood flowing. Did that for awhile, buttery coping, very nice.

Ok, back to business. I go back to the bowl and most of those dudes are still there and before I know it, Tightner goes for it. Effortlessly flowing in and out of the corners doing slashes on some very unforgiving pool coping. He gives me some pointers and before I know it, I am dropping in, trying not to totally kook it.

Holy shit. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. I worked myself into the rotation taking turns with some mental dudes. All of the guys were really rad, some kiwi dude from New Zealand was giving me some pointers on how to improve my bowl shredding ability. Much thanks.

I have only really skated a 5' mini ramp before, so a 11'6" deep pool was quite an adjustment, Tightner said it was definitely a very difficult bowl to skate, hopefully I will be making my way to some more user-friendly bowls and pools in the area in the upcoming weeks. So fun.

Anyways, here is a picture and some video of the beast, last year's Pro Tec Pool Party video...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a hero to me if you can skate that pool. Those are some insane lines those guys are drawing.