3.10.2009

Murder City Devils

About 15 of us went to see Murder City Devils back in February.

Rather than drive and remain sober, Figgy's mom and stepdad volunteered to drive us. His mom runs a day care center and has a little short bus thingy. Perfect. Ample room for all. Designated drivers. Road sodas for all in the back of the bus.

The show ruled. The band that opened was pretty radical, I can't remember what they were called. Chad was supposed to burn me their cd.

Anyways, show starts. Crowd surfing ensues. Swaying in a sweaty sea of whiskied up fans.

Show is over. James' shoes were sucked off while crowd surfing halfway through the show. That didn't stop him. I had skate hi's on and my feet were constantly crushed and my shoes were filthy. Here he is in all his glory.

1 comment:

Esteban Pumpernickel said...

I saw the Murder City Devils a few times on their first go around in SB and LA.

When you turn 25 you have to take your DMV test again. I didn't know and was not prepared. About half way through I realized that I was failing, hard. I finished up and took it to the clerk and said 'fuuuuck, I failed'. The dude goes, 'you passed!' and points to my MCD shirt and tells me loves them too. Murder City Devils save the day!