8.01.2009

Corona Noseriding Invitational

I haven't really seen many photos or anything about the noseriding contest during the US Open.

I checked Worm's blog to discover who won:

1. Kevin Connelly
2. Joel Tudor
3. Harrison Roach
4. Herbie Fletcher

I also was able to get some photos from Dana, who filmed the event.

I had originally predicted that Christian Wach would win after seeing the completely fucked amount of tip time he spent on the nose at Noosa. But HB is far from built for noseriding as that wave is.

Kevin Connelly ended up with the most amount of tip time. I always enjoyed his sections in the the shitty longboard videos of the late 90's, early 00's (you know, Terry Simms, terrible soundtracks, too much water footage, too much Malibu, etc). Since then, I have not really heard much of him at all. Here he speaks to nose riding in particular...and proceeds to hang some serious ten and lay down some buttery ass drop knees.



TJ used to have a pretty sweet Kevin Connelly nose rider. It was prolly about 9'6" with a bright yellow tint and a pin tail. This was back when he had the "Doodie," a late 80's Chevy station wagon. You guessed it, Brown paint job, brown leather interior, and Camaro rims.

Anyways, here are the photos.

Christian Wach














Kevin Connelly

5 comments:

Worm said...

right? why did nobody post the results of this thing. it wasn't that whack. i felt like i should post the results in that old post because i couldn't find them anywhere.

Danimal said...

I saw a clip or two on Surfline. Nothing really gave this event any justice. Buy hey, longboarding is gay as fuck, why should I expect anything.

Worm said...

they should have let joe aaron and his noho surf in. he would have killed it.

KL said...

Joe Aaron is god. Wait, no he's not...I am.

law said...

oh yeah go Harrison!

he's from one of my breaks over here in queensland