9.29.2009

Shepard Fairey Print

I just bought one of these prints. It is a limited edition (1 of 450) print that he did for the Surfrider "Art for the Oceans III" auction. Andy Davis and Wolfgang Bloch are a couple of the other 25 artists included.

The photo that the print was made from was taken by Tom Servais at Jaws. Not sure who the hellman is.

The print probably sold out in a half hour or so. Pretty psyched I snagged one. It reminds me of some of Raymond Pettibon's work with the different shades of blue and the brush stroke feel on the face of the wave.

5 comments:

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

I'm stoked for you that you got that print.

Danimal said...

Me too! His prints sell out so fast. I couldn't believe it.

Anonymous said...

Would you have bought this if it wasn't a Shepard Fairey print?

Danimal said...

Uh. Does it matter?

I dig his art, I need to put some shit on my walls. Crucify me.

Anonymous said...

Fair enough.