6.28.2010

Beat it, kooks!

Damnit! I like Animal Collective a lot. They are one of the best modern bands out there at the moment. Unfortunately they have been churning out sub-par music videos since the beginning. I dug the "My Girls" video but thats it. While I was perusing bitchfork i stumbled upon the new video for "Guys Eyes." "Shit!' Thats what I said and thats what I saw. The video consists of lame ass, 16mm, b-roll bullshit of east coast surf hipsters fucking around. Mollusk surf shop in Brooklyn manages to make an appearance also. The Animal Collective dudes are not surfers. They are kooks who happen to make high quality music. Stay away from surfing you indie dorks! Or, if you do want to work together then please try a little harder. The video looks like it was thrown together in a couple hours. You can tell by the shots that were chosen that this was not made by a surfer. There are a couple cool tube shots toward the end and thats it. All the other beach/surf/retard related indie, lo-fi junk coming out almost makes sense. Shit on shit. But Animal Collective? I expected more from them. I guess I should lower my expectations while maintaining hope. We must stop perpetuating worthlessness. Call a spade a spade.

Posted by bitchfork.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when other people have fun in the ocean. How dare they.

Anonymous said...

nah fuck that. this vid sucks.

Anonymous said...

i expect nothing more from them. at some parts it looks like they are attempting to make fun of other "chill wave" videos, but that's probably not the case cause animal collective sucks and this video sucks.

murdercity said...

haha! i watched this yesterday and laughed then scrolled down!

Anonymous said...

So hard to be cool these days, maybe animal collective should start a blog were they bitch about stuff, and talk about how lame it is that people write music.

TJ Ridings said...

haha. good stuff. do whatever you want however you want. but if you show "it" to me and it sucks, im gonna say so. checks and balances, you know?

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a cool video, shitty song, and shittier for showin' some of those spots.

--pushingtide