2.23.2009

Back On Top

I don't know if it's just me but SNL has really been stepping it up this past year. SNL has been the turning point to stardom for many comedians that we have grown to love in our generation. People like Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler,David Spade, and Will Farrell have given us so much great material during and after their time on SNL. Ever since many of those names have left the show I really haven't been intrigued to pay attention to it anymore. But recently the show has been making its comeback for me. There are new names like Bill Hader, Seth Myers, Kristen Wiig, and Andy Samberg that are reflecting similar talents of the past SNL comical geniuses. I grew up staying up late watching SNL from a very young age and it has a special place in my heart. I know that sounds pretty gay but its true. Fucking "Waynes World" came out of SNL for Christ sake.

I'm getting carried away...

One of my favorite things they have going right now at SNL is their "Digital Shorts." These 3-4 min. videos are awesome. It is not just the concept that rules, it is also the production value. They are all shot in HD and the camera and stunt work is fucking amazing. Also the special effects going into these things have to be kind of expensive. These shorts are pretty spectacular and I am excited to see what they come up with in the future.

Here is a list of some that you must watch

"Natalie Raps"
"Jizz in my pants"
"I'm on a Boat"

and if you havent seen "Dick in a Box" a probably don't know you but watch it!!!

Here is one of my favs titled "Lettuce"

enjoy...

2 comments:

KL said...

dude. watch "punching" with sandberg...fvcking classic.

CHUFF said...

haha i love that one too...