2.23.2009

How to Defend Yourself from a Great White Shark

This is my girlfriend's first year as a teacher. She currently has a third grade classroom, needless to say, 3rd graders are pretty funny. This is Tommy's essay and illustration entitled "How to Defend Yourself from a Great White Shark."

It is pretty damn accurate. I would venture to guess that he paid attention during shark week.

My favorite line: "If the shark takes a big chunk of flesh out of you, then that is the time for you to panic and yell."

"Follow these steps and you will probably survive a shark attack."

Sorry if the scans are shitty and hard to read.












6 comments:

Maggie said...

"it might take hours but you still need to take that risk."

i'd say this kid could be the next bear grylls or survivorman.

very cute.

Georges ABOLIN said...

Funny, cute and scary !
the drawings are a classic .

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

"if you can't stand it paddle away as slowly as you can, but I wouldn't do it if I were you". Lunch highlight. Thanks. (-:

Proud Father and Surfer said...

I am going to glass this into my new board! very nice!

Anonymous said...

That kid has some writing skills.

My 3rd grade daughter needs to
tighten up.

Anonymous said...

I call BS. that hand writing is outta this world. more like a 13th grader.