2.16.2009

EC

He's the one in the green Chucks.


















I picked up my new 9'3" Pistolero diamondtail from Eric this weekend. I ordered it sand finish (clear), single fin box, no leash plug, no deck or tail patch. Bare bones. It is light and slashy. I rode it Sunday with Douche and Eagles. It was bitchin'. Uncrowded, waist to chest high, slight texture, mushy...perfect test run. I should have photos of it soon.

While I was at EC's I met his buddy Randy Noborikawa. I had seen Randy's work before on some EC art sleds and his interview in Blisss. Way rad dude. Douche and I are going to a Laker game with EC and Randy in March. Should be rad. EC loves the Lakers. Not as much as bikes though. Him and Randy were talking about changing out some bolts on Randy's bike to shave off a few grams. Mental.

Randy drew up some new logos and stuff, the details of which I will not divulge...shirts are in the works.

Anyways, EC has a fresh batch on their way to Japan, I asked him to send me over some shots so I can share 'em.

9'8" Super Sled squaretail

















9'4" Pistolero diamond tail

















9'3" Mod Sled

















Chick Sleds 2 9'1"s and a 9'3"



















































Here is the description EC gave me of the boards via email. Man of few words:

"the sizes? i've got no clue- 9'1" to 9'8"
that requires memory. let's see...
the blk/wht supersled is 9'8" 22 3/4" 3"
polka boards were chick boards 9'1"s 22 1/4 x 2 3/4 i think the white one was a 9'3"22 1/4x2 3/4
bow ties were 9'3" and 9'4" both 22 3/4" x 2 7/8
rockers are identical pretty much to the mod as well as
bottom contours. tried and true modest blended entry concave to flat roll
just behind it to a rolled vee on out the back. mostly just a variance in outline. the pistolero's
got a 1" wider tail and more of a speed shape nose. so ride quality will
mostly differ to how the board pivots in the water."

That's it for now, I just cracked a 22oz. bomber of bottle refermented Russian River Damnation Golden Ale...

3 comments:

Felipe Siebert said...

amazing boards!

.. the link to "Randy" isnt correct :)

Surfsister said...

I actually like the chick sticks. There's something appealing about the circles. (If you said they were polka dots, I'd immediately say the sticks are ugly.)

Anonymous said...

Which Laker game? Tickets are getting hard to come by!