10.26.2008

Shame

This has been a pretty good svrfing weekend.

I have been putting this 7' Gato Heroi Hull I borrowed through the paces. I don't see what all the hype is about, I have had a few good ones on it, but...I'll save this for another post...

Anyways, aside from the 30mph side currents, boatloads of donkeys, and shame things have been great.

Today, I svrfed, where I always surf, not just when the place a mile south is walled. I rode my 9'0" pintail single fin wrongboard because it was chest high and mushy. I caught a bunch of waves, mainly because I'm not a dork and I wasn't riding my favorite 6'0" thruster.

Okay, cue all the butt hurt and sour looks in the lineup. "Who is this guy on the dongboard catching all the waves?!?"

People look pissed, start to make remarks...whatever, your fault for choosing the wrong equipment. I've never seen you guys svrf here before, eat shit and die.

Bear with me, this is where it starts to get good.

Fast forward to me in the parking lot with my brother. 2' of my 9' board are hanging into the parking spot next to me. Sitting in the bed of my truck putting my shoes on. Huge fat guy (You know the guy, there is one at every beach in Southern California. So fat he trunks it year round, prolly got picked on a lot in middle school for having bitch tits. Angry because his 6'6" thruster just doesn't float him like it used to. Is buff and he knows it...Yeah. That guy.) cruises up to his truck next to me and says:

"Hey! Now that you can fucking see that I'm here how about moving your fucking surfboard outta the way?!?!"

I calmy respond with a little attitude of my own.

"Yeah...I'll get to it...when I'm ready..."

He stares me in the eyes, and spits on the bottom of my surfboard.

I laugh and mutter, "Nice..." Thoughts racing in my head. Spit on his truck? No, guaranteed black eye. Call him a faggot? No, prolly gonna get curbed. Get in his face? Nah, who am I kidding, all 5'9" 150lbs of me would be stuffed into the nearest trashcan...stuff like that.

I decide against any sort of reaction. Remain calm.

He walks away. I leave the board there, put my shoes on, pack my shit, and put the wrongboard in my truck and say.

"Have a nice day Broseph." and drive away.

In retrospect, I could have said a lot of things, douchemcgregor sure as fuck would have. But I wasn't in the mood for getting my ass kicked in the parking lot by some huge moke.

I have never gotten my ass kicked, and I plan to keep it that way.

I prefer to remain calm, cool, and collected and silently hope that karma finds this particular gentlemen in the form of a sexually transmitted disease...preferably one that doesn't clear up with a simple antibiotic.

Surfing is starting to piss me off more than I enjoy it. I think I am gonna quit and move to Norway so I can listen to some solid black metal while ice fishing.

I'm just sayin'

(Sorry there's no pictures.)

4 comments:

Surfsister said...

You did the right thing. And I don't say that because I'm female. I have no problem with men throwing down when necessary. This time, it wasn't necessary. That guy was mad because you got waves and he didn't. Too many guys, I think, equate riding a shortboard with having a big dick. Obviously, you made him (and the others) look bad. Since he couldn't outdick you in the water, he wanted to try it on land. Smart move not falling for that rope-a-dope.

KL said...

"I've never seen you guys svrf here before, eat shit and die."

i literally laughed out loud when i came across this line. glad you kept cool, cause youre right dude- if douche woulda been there; game fucking over (no problems there, just sayin')

when you do move to norway to fish&destroy, be sure to hit me up.. i kinda want to ice fish and brutally murder anything. ANYTHING.

ion dissonance said...

talk shit back and trust your tire iron next time.

snoogins said...

man i really should have taken advantage of my boyish looks by spitting in his face then telling him i was 14 before i hit the pavement...that guy was an asshole and looked like tito from rocket power