10.08.2008

Burnage

Ok. I am guilty. I burned this dude this morning.

We're both paddling for the same wave, he is a little deeper. I can't see him, as the rights are facing directly into the dawn sun...I didn't think he got it, so I went...got in trim, pulled in, came out...naturally.

Anyways, I kick out, he is shaking his head yelling "Nuh uh, Nuh uh, No!!!" I paddled up to him, apologized, saying I didn't think he caught it. Then he said something about sending me to the "emergency room" (I'm not sure if my story telling ability is conveying how pissed this dude is.)

Anyways, I said "my bad" and paddled away.

Whatever broseph. I had never seen you here before. You show up to a place my friends and I have been surfing for years (every day, not just the days there are swell) after they build this jetty that makes things better than they were before. You are riding a longboard (I was wrong boarding too, but not trying to pretend it is a 6'0") suuuuper aggro-like, and you are wearing a freaking kook kord and its only chest high at best.

Anways, I get out about a half hour later to make it to work on time and I see TJ on the beach. He said it was a sick wave and that guy kicked his board at me on that wave. He said it came close. I was unaware.

Yeah, my fault, but the point of the story is that dude is a donkey, the waves have been firing lately, and they are likely to get better in the coming week.

Whenever I see someone who's ability I doubt, or like in this instance, are wearing a leash on a longboard, it is usually a dead giveaway of their surfing ability...So, myself being the prudent shredder that I am, err on the side of caution because a lot of dudes blow good waves and I am there to pick up the pieces. I get stink eyes all the time because I paddle for waves that other dudes are paddling for, because at this break, there is a good chance they are gonna roll the windows down and flail.

MDJ put it best. "Make waves...not friends."

See you in the water!

8 comments:

KL said...

same shit happened to me at C st and rincon back to back, two days in a row. again- both wearing FULLsuits WITH FUCKING HOODS AND BOOTS + kook cord + tri fin longboard- not sure if you realize; the water is an inviting 61 degrees and trunkable...i dont care if the suns NOT out, do some fucking online research before you go looking like the antarctic chargers.

my point? if you look like you cant surf, you most likely cant- agreed...get rid of your leash man- ITS UNDERHEAD. so yes danimal, i too will be there sitting down the line about 10ft- picking up the pieces and paddling into waves you think are ankle high ripples.

fuck old guys. they wanna talk, and grump out on young shredders- fucking so be it... GO DIE.

KL said...

(i actually had an epic day today, by reading my post...i'm sure this did not occur to you)

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey lightgnar, don't fu@cking stereotype old guys, okay? We're not all like that...

I'm 51 and surf circles around all the little punk ass fucker in my hood.

O, and leashes are for gurls.

Danimal said...

Hell yeah Blackball...that's the kind of enthusiasm I talkin' about!

KL said...

true true. ive met a few old dudes that shed some insane style up here- i forget not to classify 'all' - my bad! :)

Joanie + Ryan said...

no leash means u have the right away in my book. what a donkey.

Anonymous said...

TatorTote, you're right, everyone that wears a leash is a DONKEY.

OUT

seamouse said...

At least you apologised. Sounds like you shouldn't have.

King kook sighting the other day was a fella in a full suit and boots with some board shorts over the top.